How can we help you?
Family lawyers have specialist training and experience to advise you on matters relating to family law. Seeing a lawyer before a problem gets too big can save you anxiety and money. To locate a family lawyer in your area, go to Find a family lawyer.
There are various information guides, designed to inform you of your basic legal rights, the law, and how lawyers can help you.
The following guides on family law issues are produced by the New Zealand Law Society:
- Seeing a lawyer: what can you expect?
- Powers of Attorney
- Making a will and estate administration
- The family trust
- Family violence
- Living together
- What happens to your children when you part?
- What happens when your relationship breaks up?
- Dividing up relationship property
The Ministry of Justice has a Family Justice website which contains information and brochures on different areas of family law.